The DPA-on-a-Chip (Dearborn Protocol Adapter-on-a-Chip) is designed and manufactured by DG Technologies as a general purpose module base for both automotive and non-automotive applications. It includes licensing DG's DPA intellectual property, plus on-going maintenance for inclusion into your proprietary hardware.
The industry standard DPA adapters for the heavy duty industry can now be incorporated directly into your product. DG Technologies extends the DPA family to include licensing the
intellectual property plus on-going maintenance for inclusion into your proprietary hardware. The DPA firmware is contained in the NXP FLASH memory and is field-upgradeable. DG supplies all the technical information required to successfully and easily interface your design to it.
Typical targets include engine, transmission, HVAC, body plus any other systems that are not automotive. DPAs are useful anywhere a protocol they support is used including industrial
automation, medical, CANopen, DeviceNET or any other general application, especially using CAN.
DG Technologies takes care of all support and regular maintenance issues with the various
RP1210 compliant diagnostic packages. DG is on many SAE and other committees that provides the “inside” knowledge. This makes your project turn-key for RP1210A/B support and
other proprietary protocols. DG is the recognized leader and pioneer is providing protocol adapter to the heavy duty, automotive and industrial markets.
The DPA series is designed for private branding with the addition of proprietary protocols, hardware, features and logos. Many firms have chosen this route to provide their own
branded diagnostic hardware. This provides a validated platform that can also be conveniently used on other manufacturers’s subsystems and DG maintains compatibility.
The DPA-On-a-Chip firmware is delivered programmed in a NXP LPC2292 family chip using the appropriate package. DG supplies schematics, software and assistance for the peripheral driver chips for protocols that are to be supported. DG can also completely design your project to your specifications.
Custom applications can be developed using a DPA to read and write to a vehicle or network system using programs such as C, Visual Basic, Visual C and LabView. The DPA accepts ASCII
commands from non-Windows devices such as PDAs, PLCs, data acquisition or other proprietary hardware.
DG has expertise with IEEE 802.11 WiFi, Zigbee and BlueTooth wireless technologies and can assist in implementing these into your project. Any protocol, wired or wireless, that uses modules or ICs that can be attached to the LPC2292 can be implemented with DPA-On-a-Chip. DPA-On-a-Chip is quite flexible to adapt to your needs.
- Design the DPA4 series into your own project!
- DG Technologies provides: DPA design and technical documentation.
- Design assistance and support, or complete Turn-Key solution.
- You provide: Real estate on your board, and your engineering expertise.
- Uses standard NXP LPC2292 ARM7 microcontroller. 2 CAN ports.
- Useful for development, end-of-line testing, system diagnostics, data acquisition and Hardware-in-the-Loop simulation.
- RP1210A and RP1210B compliant.
- Supports J1939, J1708/J1587, CAN (ISO 11898), GM Class 2.
- Supports Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Wabco/Meritor, Caterpillar, Mack, Allison, Eaton, Navistar and many more...
- Developed in the USA, USA maintenance and support thru our companies and affiliates.