Please take a moment to read through and perform the following troubleshooting steps to help diagnose your communication issue:
- PC light is blinking red/green continuously – firmware needs updated. Go to Start | All Programs | DGTech DPA 5 | DPA 5 Firmware Updater, select the Update Firmware button. Process takes about two minutes. Please do not unplug the USB cable or cable to the truck during this process.
- Here are some things to try if your DPA 5, VSI-2534 or DBRIDGE PRO is not connecting to any application. After each step, attempt communication with AVT (Adapter Validation Tool):
- Verify the correct adapter is selected in the software application’s adapter selection screen.
- Verify vehicle ignition is in the On Position.
- Try another USB port.
- Try another USB cable.
- Unplug cable from vehicle diagnostic port, re-seat connection to the adapter, plug back into vehicle diagnostics port.
- With adapter powered from vehicle, USB cable plugged into the computer, open Device Manager. Is the DPA 5, VSI-2534 or DBRIDGE PRO listed under USB Diagnostic Tools (towards the bottom of the list)?
- Re-boot computer.
- Re-install drivers (unplug USB cable), re-boot computer.