VSI-2534: J2534 ECU Reflashing/Reprogramming Device
DG Assist provides additional capabilities, outside the SAE J2534 specifications, allowing technicians to quickly and easily fulfill ECU installation and replacement requirements, such as:
- • Chrysler VIN and SRI read/write
• Provides Vehicle Status Information/Report
• Reads/Clears Diagnostic Trouble Codes
• Tests Battery Voltage
• Used as a Validation Utility
• And More!
The VSI-2534 Provides J2534-1 vehicle network access for electronic control unit (ECU) calibration using programming, reprogramming and vehicle diagnostics functionality. Also used for ECU, network development, End-Of-Line compliance testing and wherever vehicle electronic communication is needed.
DG Technologies' Vehicle Standard Interface (VSI) is the SAE J2534-1 compliant pass-thru and ECU reprogramming device you've been looking for! Easily update the vehicle ECU to the latest, OEM-approved calibration. Updating a vehicles calibration is sometimes the only step required to repair a vehicle! It's the cleanest repair you'll do in a service bay! This device can be also be used for vehicle diagnostics, development, general design and anywhere communication with the vehicle network is required.
Features & Benefits
- Designed, developed & manufactured in the USA! Used world-wide! Including: OEM Engineers, OEM Tech Support, Software developers, Aftermarket shops, Warehouse Distributors and you!
- Facilitates the SAE J1699 On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) compliance testing software required by CARB
- On or off-board ECU reprogramming capabilities
- Immobilizer Adaptation: VAG Volkswagen Audi Group validated! Includes VW / Audi / Skoda / Seat / Bentley / Lamborghini
- Validated and used by most OEMs
- Useful tool for diagnostics or module development
- Detailed User Manual
- Detailed OEM Reprogramming User Guides. Includes: where and how to obtain the OEM software, installations and walk-thru of a complete re-flash event!
- Technical Support
- Training available
- FREE DG Assist: Vehicle Status Report, VIN read/write, and more!
- FREE ScanXL Standard Scan tool diagnostics software! Delivers the full range of generic diagnostics for any OBD-II compliant vehicle! Unleash the power of the VSI-2534! View, chart, log and playback real-time diagnostic data and more!
- FREE Validation Utility software! Verifies successful communication between PC to VSI-2534 and VSI-2534 to vehicle!
- FREE Data Link Monitor 2 (DLM2) software! Engineering application for network analysis and interaction with in-vehicle network systems for CAN.
- FREE Software Development Kit (SDK) software! Engineering application used to develop a J2534-based application compliant to 04.04 specifications.
- Custom solutions are also available! Contact DG Technologies with your requirements!
- VSI-2534 software applications available: (for use with the VSI-2534!):
- Silver Scan Tool™ (SST): provides the test function for CARB diagnostics and supports all nine of the CARB modes defined by the authorities along with their sub-functions.
- DiagRA MCD Toolset: an applications and diagnostics tool for working with electronic control units in the automotive industry. It combines advanced diagnostic development features with calibration using CCP and DAQ utilizing A2I, Can.db, and SMB as well as a generic scan-tool.
- ScanXL Enhanced Diagnostics: For use with ScanXL Std or Pro. Have access to dealer-level diagnostic capabilities for not only the powertrain systems, but also ABS, airbag, and other proprietary systems that would otherwise require expensive dealer tools!
- GM (1996-current*)
- Ford, Lincoln, Mercury (1996-current*)
- *"Current" is typically to the previous model year of the current year.
CAN (ISO 11898, J2284), GM LAN (HSCAN + SWCAN), ISO 15765, ISO 9141, ISO 14230 (KWP2000), J1850 PWM (Ford SCP), J1850 VPWM (GM Class 2 and Chrysler), SCI and GM-UART, MSCAN.
What is SAE J2534?
In short, in September 2000 the Aftermarket pressed and won approval of Senate Bill 1146. EPA and CARB pressed for legislation stating that the OEMs would provide their proprietary information to the Aftermarket for the support of the emission requirements via. reprogramming and service information. SAE J2534 was developed for the purpose of providing the Aftermarket a means of taking the different OEM calibrations from all the different OEMs and then programming existing and new Engine Control Units (ECU's) with the latest calibration released by the OEM beginning with the model year 2004.
Even though the mandate is 2004, GM, Ford and Chrysler, have programming capabilities going back as far as 1993 with most starting in 1996 and some of the import OEMs go as far back as 2001.
This specification is the mandate as described above. It focuses on the required emissions related data. These ECU's are typically called the Engine Control Module (ECM), Transmission Control Module (TCM) or Power Control Module (PCM).J2534-2
This specification provides the framework, including additional protocols, to allow the reprogramming of additional modules not related to the emissions. This is completely optional to the OEM to release this data, however, some have seen the benefits of providing this to the Aftermarket.J2534-3
This specification is essentially a test that can be run on a specific SAE J2534 compliant device to prove that that device is compliant to the J2534-1 specification. As of this writing, this specification is not complete.
J2534 OEM Service Websites:
- Aston Martin
- General Motors* - Buick/Cadillac/Chevrolet/Geo/GMC/Hummer/Oldsmobile/Pontiac/Saturn
- Land Rover*
- Mercedes Benz*
- Rolls Royce
The VSI-2534 supports all OEM minimum requirements. Typically, all OEM applications support Windows XP, 32-bit versions. Later Operating systems, such as Windows 7 and 64-bit versions, may not be supported by the OEM. Please check the respective OEM websites for their PC recommendations.
View a Larger Image
Includes: VSI-2534, storage case, OBDII cable, USB cable, CD containing drivers/manuals/free software and Quickstart guide.
View a Larger Image
View a Larger Image
View a Larger Image